Poised somewhere between the pub and peer review, this podcast will entertain, intrigue and perhaps change your perspective on the writer known variously as Flann O’Brien, Myles na gCopaleen and Brian O’Nolan. Featuring special guests, archival sounds and interesting theories about this fascinating figure.
Made with the support of Birkbeck College, University of London.
Ident and artwork by Will de Villiers. https://www.instagram.com/willdevilliersillustration/
- 1. Joseph Brooker: Introducing Brian, Flann and Myles (1 April 2023)
- 2. Vincent Francone: Why writers should read Flann O’Brien (15 April 2023)
- 3. Einat Adar: Flann O’Brien on mind, matter and everything (22 April 2023)
- 4. Maebh Long, part 1: Flann O’Brien, the anti-institutional institution (12 May 2023)
- 5. Maebh Long, part 2: Technology and the voice of Flann O’Brien (26 May 2023)
- 6. Julieta Abella: When Jorge Luis Borges encountered Flann O’Brien (9 June 2023)